It’s summer, the time of year when we, the caffeine addicts from all over the world, gather together in very secret meetings, worshiping it and addressing its majesty through dark rituals. I am kidding of course (or am I), but in reality, we all switch from hot cups of sacred liquor to refreshing crispness of coffee on ice. And is there something better and more refreshing than a blessed glass of creamy heaven?
It has been thoroughly debated and discussed on our secret meetings (oops), I mean, on the web, about the one true recipe for this summer deliciousness. Personally, I like to experiment in life, so I say no. Some like it sweet, some like it bitter, some with a dash of milk or whipped cream. Everyone has their own cup of coffee and that is just fine. However, below you will find a little piece of treasure i.e. my one true and very special and secret recipe.
- 150ml milk
- 50ml Baileys
- 25ml caffè espresso
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Ice (ice baby)
- a little extra: mint leaves
- Put the sugar with the mint leaves in a jar. Then, with a wooden spoon or a crusher mix them well.
- Add the Baileys, add a bit of ice, and mix crushing it.
- Add the espresso in the jar, add more ice, close the jar tightly with the lid and shake it!
- Pour it in a glass and add the milk. If the glass is not full, add more crushed ice and decorate it with a piece of leaf mint.
Enjoy it and let yourself fall in love!